ADRP Affinity Circles
Do you want to connect with members in your area?
Do you want to keep in touch with someone you met at an ADRP conference?
Do you have a question for members working in similar sectors?
Are you interested in current issues being discussed?
Then our members-only ADRP Affinity Circles are for you!
Inviting people to be part of your network allows you to make personal, ongoing connections with individual members. The Affinity Circles social networking function of our website allows you to join and create groups by region, sector, or area of expertise, stay in touch local activities, or participate in a discussion with members who have similar backgrounds. Online discussion boards give you the opportunity to easily participate and track issues being discussed at your convenience.
This is a great opportunity to stay apprised of current challenges, successes, and conversations - all in one members-only social network!
- Login to My Profile to invite to make connections with other ADRP members, join circles, or set up a new circle.
- Upload a profile picture so members can recognize you
- Update your profile with your current contact information
Adding a member to your network
- From the My Profile page, select the "Connections" tab and choose to browse the member directory or search for a member by name
- Click “Add as connection”
- Once the member accepts your invitation, you can send messages directly or invite them to join a circle
Joining a circle
- Members are welcome to join an existing circle at any time
- From the My Profile page, select the My Community tab
- Highlighted circles and a link to “View all Circles” will appear
- Click on any circle that interests you
- Click “Join Circle” in the top right hand corner
Creating a circle
- From the My Profile page, select the “My Features” tab
- Select “Create” in the upper right corner
- Enter your Circle Name and Description.
- Click “Create Circle” at the bottom
- You will then find links to upload a new avatar image for your circle, post a news bulletin, edit your circle details, or view your circle
- You are now the administrator of the circle – if you would like to give administrative access to another member, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following when looking to join or create a circle:
- Before creating a circle, search the current circles to see if a similar circle already exists
- Sorting and organizing your circles may be accomplished by selecting the sort navigation tabs in the top right corner
- When creating a circle, please name it using the main city or state name, e.g. Chicago – Central, Minnesota – All, Healthcare – Children’s Hospitals
- Please observe the Rules & Etiquette for circles when participating in a circle and discussion
If you have any questions or would like additional information about the connections or circles function on the website, please contact the ADRP office.